Monday, August 11, 2008

Brooklyn Flea

Every Sunday, six members of The NewNew York Etsy Street Team, which I joined a couple of months ago, meets under two tents at the Brooklyn Flea for a fun day of craft selling from 10am to 5pm—rain or shine—at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave. Our flea group rotates, this way each member of the team has a chance to present their handmade goodness and there is always something new and exciting to see and purchase.

Here are some pictures from August 10th:O)

Wai She - waisze.etsy.com - makes beautiful handmade cards and scrapbooks. I especially love the absolutely adorable little scrapbook, which fits inside of a mini tin container.


Nguyen from knitknit.etsy.com offers the cutest knitted and felted jewelry with addition of stones and wooden beads. Very creative! Check out also the little felt bags and spooooky eyeball earrings:O)

If you are looking for deliciously scented natural soap, visit nordeasoaperie.etsy.com It's not only good for your skin and free of harmful chemicals, it has great names also! The "oh! what a man!" is my favourite!

Felicity from wishbyfelicity.etsy.com creates really delicate sterling silver and brass jewelry with tiny gemstone and glass beads. I really like her new, windproof necklace display:O)

Yania - yaniamor.etsy.com - creates colorful and sparkly gem and crystal jewelry. Her display is absolutely yummy and the new "rock candy" necklaces are lovely.

And here is my "baby"! My 11 year old son, Benjamin, and my jewelry table at the flea. Ben is absolutely addicted to craft shows and is such a great helper. He made me pinky swear the day before the flea, that I will wake him up the next morning and take him with me. Of course, he was up and ready in minutes and did not need the wake-up call:O). My jewelry can be found at jantar.etsy.com and I will be at the flea again on August 24th.

So if you are from the New York area or just visiting, stop by the Brooklyn Flea. There is so much to see and purchase: handmade items, vintage clothing, old vinyl records, antique furniture, and absolutely insane food. We are all hooked on the watermelon juice, I had 4 of them yesterday, and will probably need to work out some type of volume discount and start buying by the jug -they are huuuuge. The steak sandwiches with avocado are Nordea's favourite, I love them too. The pupusas are delicious, my son's best pick, and the casadias are simply addictive.

For more info on the Brooklyn Flea and latest news, go to: http://www.brownstoner.com/brooklynflea/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great that your son went with you to the flea. I am part of the NewNew team and am aiming to do my first flea ever this coming October....I wish I could take my daughter but she is 19 months...it would be too hectic trying to sell and running after my toddler. By the way I love your jewelry