Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing-a-day, project # 4, Vintage Filigree earrings

Staying away from online supply shops poses a real challenge…yes! I admit…I’m addicted! Last Sunday, friend of mine told me, that she was shocked by amount of supplies in my studio and she did not think I will ever use them all.I will try to use as much of what I already have and try to minimize new purchases. The filigree elements I used for this project, have been purchased probably more than two years ago from a vintage supply shop on the web. I reached for them several times, but did not come-up with anything I really loved to use them and they kept going back into the box. This time I’m happy with the design! The right Czech glass beads arrived just a week ago and with a tiny addition of Swarovski crystal sparkle, they came out perfect!Hmmm…what other goodies my boxes hide? Need to go on a hunt…;O))

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The top ones are so gorgeous! I'm the same as you, I can't stop buying supplies! I'll never get through the mountain of fabric I have stashed away!